What woman doesn't love Pinterest? (I know it's not just for women, but it's stereotyped that way.) It's amazing! One can get so many great ideas for everything in one visit! Hair and makeup tips, amazing recipes, wardrobe ideas, great DIY projects, and so much more! And you can categorize them any way you want.
I found this DIY project pinned a while ago and it intrigued me. (From the Sew She Sews blog.) I've never had a babysitting job, and my sister hasn't been a baby for a long time, but in the times I have taken care of babies, or just held them, I have had trouble with burp clothes. They never liked to stay in place. If I put it on my shoulder, then went to pick up baby, it would fall off. If I held baby first, it was hard to get the burp cloth in the right place. Well, I haven't tried it, but this burp cloth seems to solve that problem. Thankfully, I've never had to deal with the cloth not being absorbent enough because babies have only drooled on me, haha.
Her blog explains the details about how to make these wonderful (and cute!) baby shower gifts (or items that could just make your life a little easier).
Basically, you start with Gerber brand cloth diapers from Target (apparently, they're different from the same brand of cloth diapers sold at Walmart), then sew flannel onto one side (that gives it the stick-to-your-shirt-ness). It's a little more complicated than that explanation, but click on the pictures or the links. They'll lead you to her blog entry about them and she goes into better detail.
I'm going to start looking for flannel scraps whenever I pass the sewing section of stores.
Sew She Sews
Christei's Pinterest Page



No comments:
Post a Comment