Monday, May 28, 2012

Pretty Colors



  Since my first blog, I've spent a lot more time looking at baby stuff.  I have all my ideal colors in mind: blue & brown for boy, pink & brown for girl, and green & brown for neutral.  Walmart has a lot of Pooh stuff with the perfect neutral colors, but I'd prefer to not have Pooh everywhere.  I would like all the more expensive stuff, like furniture, to be in the neutral colors so that if we do have more than one baby it doesn't seem so hand-me-down with my daughter getting blue with sports balls, haha.

  I also don't want to completely girl-out my girl.  Pink is fine, but in moderation.  If she has any frilly dresses it'll be because someone else bought them for her.  I've never been a girly girl; always rejecting lacy clothes and pink or purple anything.  I preferred sports, getting dirty, and hanging out with "the guys."  After I approached true adulthood (not legal adulthood), I started enjoying looking girly.  I realized I can look like a girl without changing who I am.  So, my girl will look like a girl; I just want to do it without much princess.  But when she's older, if she wants lots of pink and princess-y stuff, then she can go for it.

  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not completely anti-frills here.  I just don't want to force it on her by dressing her like a doll and buying her all Disney princess furniture, haha.  Some of the women in the family have said that they will send me frilly dresses for her -- and that's fine.  I'll just have to compensate ;oP

  Before I even started this blog, I bought a "My First Easter" sleeper one with chicks on it that was on clearance for $1.  I figured why not?  I also bought a "birth info" pillow at Ross for $2.99.  The same pillow is $6 at Walmart.  It was Pooh with green and brown, so it doesn't matter if I pop out a boy or a girl first, haha.

  Since then, I've gotten more.  Just a few things at garage sales and consignment shops, so I haven't spent a ton of money.  Plus, I used cash from the garage sale I had.  I have to share pictures!  It's only a few of the things I've bought :o)

Sleepers for boy or girl

Not too girly, but she'll still look like a girl

This tank top was the first thing I grabbed at the consignment shop :o)

Onesies are great.  The pink ones were just at a great price, so I knew I might as well.

These came together.  Finally found something not pink that I really liked!

Because all babies could use socks that look like shoes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment